Follow me on Pinterest

Friday, November 3, 2017

5 Minute Friday -- NEED

Today’s word is NEED.

Ok, let’s see. What do I need?

What comes to mind first:
-Coffee, with French vanilla creamer, please.
-A better attitude. (every day)
-Students to turn in every assignment.
-A new pair of boots would be nice—scuff marks are so uncool. (Mine have scuff marks)

Or is it more like..
-Water,
-Food,
-Shelter,
-The basic necessities.

All we really need is…
-LOVE???  (Pretty sure that’s been said before)


It is hard to separate out our needs from our wants.  I’m pretty sure I know what I want…but what I need…that is another story.

My time is drawing to a close, mind swirling, how can I wrap this up?

In the process of writing, two verses from the Psalms did come to mind:

Psalm 142:5 "I cry to you O Lord, I say, 'You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.'"

Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart my fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever!"

God is our portion.  A portion is just enough. A portion meets our need. 

He promises to be our “enough” for each day.


He meets our need. Whatever it is. With just enough.

5 comments:

  1. God is enough. Yes! Thank you for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need the portion set aside for us...and all else is greed. So true!

    #2 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/11/your-dying-spouse-400-price-we-pay-fmf.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and responding. It means a lot to me!

      Delete
  3. Ah, yes, The great divide between needs and wants. It's easy to get caught up in the wants and forget our needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my entry, that made my day!

      Delete