Follow me on Pinterest

Friday, March 2, 2018

FLAPJACK FRIDAY #50PreciousWords Challenge 2018 (my entry)

Vivian Kirkfield is holding a challenge on her blog to write a complete story in 50 words or less. It must have a beginning, middle, and end. The title is not included in the word count. So...here is my entry.  (It is 47 words)

Link to Vivian's website:
http://www.viviankirkfield.com


Flapjack Friday


Flapjack Friday,
Hip, hip, hooray!
Each Friday night,
A holiday.
Pour the batter in a pan,
Heart, star, or circle?
Dad's the man!
Dad flips them high,
Then to my plate.
Butter, syrup,
Don't make me wait!
Come and get it!
Don't delay,
You're invited...
Flapjack Friday!

8 comments:

  1. This is so much fun, Mindy...what a great father/child story! Thanks so much for joining in the #50preciousWords fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. It means so much! Best wishes!

      Delete
  2. It's always fun to do breakfast for dinner. Great job capturing the child's joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! 💕

      Delete
  3. ❤️ cute story. My Dad would flip one big pancake in the pan way up high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Best wishes to you!

      Delete
  4. This is a simply delicious tradition. You've captured the delight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mona. You've made my day with your comment. All the best to you!

      Delete